The National Science-Technology Roadshow Trust seeks to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act in all aspects. We will respect the privacy of all individuals.
- To promote and protect individual privacy with regards to the collection, use and disclosure of information relating to individuals.
- To guide access by each individual to information relating to that individual held by us.
The 12 Privacy Principles we adhere to are:
- only to collect information that we need
- get the information from the individual concerned
- tell the individual you are doing it
- use lawful, fair and reasonable methods to do it
- store and transmit information securely
- give people access to their information
- resolve incorrect personal information
- check for accuracy before use
- retain information only for as long as necessary
- use personal information for its purposes
- limit the disclosure of personal information
- not to use personal identification numbers, unless it is deemed necessary to more effectively carry out functions
Relevant guidelines with regard to Website and related data gathering
- Privacy procedures will be developed and will comply with the principles listed above. The following tells you how we will use and safeguard the personal information you provide us on our website. By visiting our website you agree to this privacy notice.
- We acknowledge the right of individuals to change any information held about them if it is shown that the stored information is incorrect.
- Each individual may request access to any information about them which is stored by us. It will be provided in a timely manner.
- All forms used for the collection of personal information such as registration forms, will be securely stored. You have the right to alter, amend and view any of these details at any time.
- We will not share email addresses or other personal information with others, except if it is to comply with a legal or statutory obligation.
- Where an individual believes their privacy to have been breached, or where we take any action that may possibly be considered a breach of privacy, we will advise the individual of their right to make a complaint to the Privacy commissioner.
- Information regarding the number of views the website has each month, where the views are coming from and any key word searches being used to find our Site will be collected.
- We will collect, use and retain information about you only if we believe it is justified, required and useful in order to conduct our transactions with you effectively and to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Cookies are enabled. However, they will not pass any personal information on to us or any other organisation. They are only used to identify your browser.
- We will not use any information provided by you to contact you for any other purpose than the service you have requested or to promote the range of services we offer.
- We will not share your information with any other parties except as it pertains to the service you have requested.
Protecting your privacy is important to us. Therefore we will abide by the 12 privacy principles, ensuring that each individual’s right to privacy is protected.
Privacy Act, 1993; Education Act, 1990; Education Amendment Act, 1993; Archives Act, Privacy in Schools 2009, published by The Privacy Commissioner, Official Information Act.
Approved by National Science-Technology Roadshow Trust Board: